The mission of the Community Development and Housing Division, is to administer housing and community development programs for residents of New Castle County. The department provides a wide spectrum of community development services within the confines of the county, outside metropolitan areas of Wilmington and Newark.
Program Development (Sub-Recipient Related Information)
Community Development and Housing Action Plan
As required by the U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), New Castle County has prepared the Draft 2015-2020 Consolidated Five-Year Strategic Plan (see below) and the 2016-2017 One-Year Annual Action Plan. The plan identifies the activities to be funded with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) funds, and Emergency Solutions Grant Program (ESG) Funds that it will receive during the program year, which runs from July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017.
- 50th Year CDBG-HOME Funding Application – July 1, 2024 – June 30, 2025
- 50th Year ESG Policy Manual for Funding Application -July 1, 2024 – June 30, 2025
- 49th year CDBG-HOME Funding Application (DOC)
- 49th year CDBG-HOME Funding Application (PDF)
- 49th year ESG Policy Manual for Funding Application (DOC)
- 49th year ESG Policy Manual for Funding Application (PDF)
- New Castle County Priorities and Goals
- Income chart CDBG (effective 06-15-2023)
- Income chart ESG (effective 04-18-2022)
- CDBG Matrix Codes and Definitions (PDF)
- CDBG Score Sheet--Updated 2020
- 702 Attachment E HOME score sheet III