The May 11th, 2021 Sheriff Sale will be held at the PALW, 3707 N. Market Street, Wilmington, DE 19802.
Bidder Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. To quicken the registration process please print and complete the bidder registration forms prior to arriving at the sale.
20% Deposit is now due at time of sale on all Mortgage (Lev Fac) and Judgment (JUDG) sales. Monition (Tax) sales are still 100% due at time of sale.
$500 - Late Payment Fee will be charged and deducted from the 3rd Party Buyer's Deposit in all cases where final payment is made after the specified Due By Date.
Obtaining Foreclosure Listings
Prior to each sale a complete list of the foreclosed properties involved in the sale may be downloaded from this website at no charge. The list can also be purchased at the Sheriff's Office for $20 (money order or cashiers check only) during office hours.
Location of Sales
Real estate Sheriff Sales are held at 10 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in:
See NCC Sheriff Webpage https://www.nccde.org/167/sheriff-office or call 302-395-8457 for Location of Sale.
*There is a fire marshall limit of 152 persons at the sale so you are encouraged to arrive early.
Bidder Registration and Auction Guidelines
- Cash deposits are not acceptable for Sheriff sales. Initial $5,000 deposit must be in the form of Cashiers Check/Certified Funds and balance of deposit must be paid by personal/business check.
- Effective June 12, 2012, all bidders must register prior to the start of the New Castle County Sheriff Sale
- Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. on sale day and close at 10:30 a.m.
- A bidder number will be issued at time of registration and collected at the end of the sale or as you leave. You are responsible for maintaining custody of and returning the bidder number
- In order to receive a bidder number, you must sign a copy of the Bidder Auction Rules (PDF) acknowledging the receipt of the rules, and complete the Bidder Registration Form (PDF). You are encouraged to read, understand, and pre-complete the forms. Please Print Legibly. Copies will be available at the registration site
- Only one bidder number will be issued to any registered business or law firm
- We will not collect the certified funds until you bid on a property. Immediately upon bidding you must submit your certified check and current government I.D. with photograph to the Sheriff Sale personnel
- No bids will be accepted by any bidder who is not registered. No Exceptions
- Registration requirements:
- Current phone number and email address
- On hand current government I.D. with photograph (valid state driver's license preferred)
- On hand verification of $5,000 in certified funds and checkbook to pay balance of bid deposit (NO CASH)
- Signed bidders Sheriff Auction Rules Form
- Any financing for Sheriff Sale properties should be arranged prior to the auction, not after. Being pre-approved is not sufficient
All Sheriff Sales are buyer beware. You are urged to download and review the Bidder Auction Rules (PDF) prior to the sale.
Winning Bidder Responsibilities
Sales are final and deposits are non-refundable. The balance of mortgage foreclosure and Judgment bids are due the third Monday of the month following the sale. Balance of bid payments are payable via cashiers check to the Sheriff of New Castle County. Confirmation of all sheriff sales occur the Friday following the third Monday of the month following the Sale.
It is the policy of the Sheriff's Office to encourage the high bidder of a real estate foreclosure sale to deed the property purchased within a reasonable amount of time. Therefore, any real estate purchased at a Sheriff Sale and not deeded within six months after confirmation will result in a return of the Superior Court Writ indicating that the property was purchased, paid for, but not deeded. The accumulated transfer tax will be capitulated to the state, and/or county, and/or city, and/or town. The high bidder acquires an equitable interest in the property as soon as the bid is accepted.
The high bidder's legal responsibility to maintain the property is not diminished by this policy. You may have to evict occupants at your own expense.
After each sale a complete list of the properties sold will be available on our webpage and may be downloaded from this website at no charge.
The After Sale List can also be purchased at the Sheriff's Office for $20 (money order or cashiers check only) during office hours.
Lien holders and homeowners are expected to contact the Sheriff's Office to determine whether proceeds remain after the costs of the sale have been distributed. If excess proceeds remain unclaimed after 90 days, they will be distributed to the Prothonotary of New Castle County for placement in escrow and listed on the Superior Court of New Castle County website.