Department of Land Use Coronavirus Policy
Effective April 2, 2020, the New Castle County Government Center is closed to the public until further notice. Our residents and customers will need to take advantage of convenient ways to conduct business with us by one of the following methods.
- Online: https://www.newcastlede.gov/186/Online-Services
- Phone: Permits/Inspections/Planning (302) 395-5400 and/or Code Enforcement (302) 395-5555
- Email: Permit questions or building code questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: Code Enforcement concerns may be emailed to email@example.com
- Email: General questions may be emailed to LandUse@newcastlede.gov
- Postal mail: All forms and fees may be postal mailed to the Department of Land Use, 87 Reads Way, New Castle, DE 19720
You are strongly encouraged to conduct business by one of the aforementioned methods. However, if you wish to personally drop-off an application, fees, or other paperwork, there will be a blue mailbox located inside of the vestibule of the Government Center. A staff member retrieves any submitted materials from that mailbox daily. Please understand as the health emergency continues to evolve, this drop-off option may be eliminated. Thank you for your cooperation.
A revised Board of Adjustment Application is now available on the BOA webpage. Read on...
2021 New Castle County Permit Endorsed Contractor Licensing is now available on the New Castle County website Read on...