New Castle County Scholarship
New Castle County is committed to supporting students pursuing undergraduate college degrees with scholarships to help defray their educational costs. This program will award $50,000 in scholarships, in increments of $1,000 to $3,000. To be eligible you must be a New Castle County resident who is currently enrolled or who will attend an accredited College or University in the Fall of 2019.
1. Must reside in New Castle County (including within the City of Wilmington or other municipalities)
2. Must demonstrate financial need, as evidenced by any of the following:
- FAFSA Student Aid Report
- Pay stub
- Benefits Verification letter or statement
3. Candidates must be pursuing or currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary undergraduate degree program OR be a graduating senior who has been accepted to attend an accredited post-secondary degree program starting in Fall, 2019.
Note: Parents/Guardians and dependents who are jointly enrolled in post-secondary programs are encouraged to apply.
Click here to access the online form. Only online applications will be accepted. The application includes space to upload a transcript and essay and describe activities and financial need. Finalists who are invited to interview will be asked to bring documents showing financial need.
Essay topics: Choose ONE of the following (300 words maximum)
- Share your Personal Statement.
- Pick an experience from your own life and explain how it has influenced your development.
- Who in your life has been your biggest influence and why?
- Who in your family background affected the way you see the world?
- How has your education contributed to who you are today?
- Why are you a good candidate to receive this award?
Deadline: Online applications must be submitted by Friday, April 12th at 11:59pm.
A committee of local educators and community leaders will review applications. Finalists will be invited to interview with the scholarship committee in early May. Winners will be invited to a June 15th award ceremony.
For questions, contact Jessica Gibson at 302-395-5052 or email@example.com.