New Castle County Scholarship
THE 2021 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED!
New Castle County is committed to supporting students pursuing undergraduate college degrees with scholarships to help defray their educational costs. This program will offer awards in increments of $1,000 to $3,000. To be eligible you must be a New Castle County resident who is currently enrolled or who will attend an accredited College or University in the Fall of 2021.
1. Must reside in New Castle County (including within the City of Wilmington or other municipalities)
2. Must demonstrate financial need and provide supporting evidence by submitting one of the following:
- FAFSA Student Aid Report
- Most recent filed 1040 Tax Return
- Benefits Verification letter or statement
3. Candidates must be pursuing or currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary undergraduate degree program OR be a graduating high school senior who has been accepted to attend an accredited post-secondary degree program starting in Fall 2021.
Only online applications will be accepted starting February 5, 2021 Applicants are required to describe financial need and upload a transcript and essay. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Finalists invited to interview will be required to provide a formal headshot.
Please note: You must complete the entire application and upload all documents. Application submission can take up to 30 minutes to complete, submissions will not be saved for later review.
To apply, please select the below applicable category.
- Traditional Student- A current high school senior attending an accredited college or university in the fall following their graduation year.
- College Students Attended a college or university right after high school completion (or) earning a graduation equivalency diploma and currently enrolled as a Sophomore, Junior or Senior.
- Adult Leaner An independent adult returning or attending an accredited college or university.
NOTE: Certificate and graduate programs do not meet the criteria for this scholarship
Essay topics: Choose ONE of the following (1000 words maximum):
1. Share your Personal Statement.
2. Pick an experience from your life and explain how it has influenced your personal development.
3. Who is your biggest influence and why?
4. How has your family background or adversity affected your outlook on the world?
5. How has education contributed to who you are today?
6. Why are you a good candidate to receive this award?
Deadline: Online applications must be submitted by March 26, 2021 at 11:59pm.
A committee of local educators and community leaders will review applications. Finalists will be invited to interview via teleconference with the scholarship committee in May. Winners will be announced at an award ceremony in June and awards will be dispersed directly to the higher institution on or around July 15, 2021.
For questions, contact Jessica Gibson Brokenbaugh at 302-395-5052 or email@example.com