New Castle County Scholarship
1. Must reside in New Castle County (including within the City of Wilmington or other municipalities)
2. Must demonstrate financial need and provide supporting evidence by submitting the following:
- FAFSA Student Aid Report
- Most recent filed 1040 Tax Return
Applicants are required to describe financial needs and upload a transcript and essay. Incomplete or illegible applications will not be considered. Finalists invited to interview will be required to provide a formal headshot.
Please note: You must complete the entire application and upload all documents. Completing the online application can take up to 30 minutes; submissions will not be saved for later review, so we encourage applicants to have all relevant materials ready when beginning the online application.
There are three categories of eligible students:
- Traditional Student- A current high school senior attending an accredited college or university in the fall following their graduation year.
- Current College Student - A current university student who enrolled right after high school completion (or) earning a graduation equivalency diploma.
- Adult Learner An independent adult returning or attending an accredited college or university.
Essay topics: Choose ONE of the following (1000 words maximum):
1.Share your Personal Statement.
2.Pick an experience from your life and explain how it has influenced your personal development.
3.Who is your biggest influence and why?
4.How has your family background or adversity affected your outlook on the world?
5.How has education contributed to who you are today?
6.Why are you a good candidate to receive this award?
Deadline: Online applications closed on March 24, 2023 at 11:59pm.
A committee of local educators and community leaders will review applications. Finalists will be invited to interview via teleconference with the scholarship committee in April. Winners will be announced at an award ceremony in May and awards will be dispersed directly to the higher institution on or around August 31st.
Contact Josue Ortega at [email protected] with questions.