Park Rental Permits
Due to ongoing concerns for the potential transfer of the coronavirus (COVID-19), and under the Governor’s State of Emergency and the CDC’s recommendation to limit gatherings, New Castle County Parks is issuing limited permits for park pavilions, sports fields, and special events). Permit applications must be received 2 weeks prior to the reservation date requested. All permits are conditional and may be canceled by New Castle County at any time. Please note any sport field reservations for competitive play must have a safety and social distancing plan submitted to the New Castle County Parks Permits Office. This plan must be approved before event can begin. Guidance for what the safety plan should include can be found at https://governor.delaware.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/24/2021/02/Seventh-Revision-to-the-27th-Modification-of-the-Declaration-of-a-SOE-State-of-Delaware-02192021.pdf
Our parks remain open to the public for regular use; however, please keep in mind, that play equipment and other park fixtures are not sanitized by the County. Masks are required when you cannot maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance from others outside of your family unit.
New Castle County encourages the public to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) procedures for limiting potential transmission causes. Common procedures include practicing good hygiene by washing hands with soap and water and then using hand sanitizer, avoiding large activities and gatherings, and staying home if you are feeling sick or have a sick family member in the home.
We will continue to monitor the situation, work with the Division of Public Health, closely follow CDC guidelines, and State recommendations.
Thank you for your interest in New Castle County parks. The Parks Permits office is glad to be of service to New Castle County patrons seeking reservations for pavilions, sports fields and courts, and/or special events. Please review all policies, procedures, and attachments to assist you in the rental process, applicable for the 2020 rental season.
All permits for reservations within New Castle County parks are for the permitted rental season April 1st to October 31st and are issued on a first-come, first-served basis after an application and full payment are received.
Permit requests must be approved by the Parks Permits office a minimum of fourteen (14) days prior to an event. Approval is at the sole discretion of the Parks Permits office and can only be changed, canceled, or added to by the permittee. Any changes, cancellations, and additions must be submitted to the Parks Permits Office in writing.
- Police coverage, traffic control, additional parking, and emergency support may be required at the discretion of the Parks Permits office. The permittee is responsible for paying any and all additional costs associated with additional services.
- Our office is happy to offer a 20% discount to nonprofit organizations when a qualifying 501(c)(3) documentation is submitted with the request.
- Amplified sound is not permitted in New Castle County Parks.
- Alcoholic beverages and/or illegal substances are prohibited on County Parkland.
- Parking and/or driving on the grass and/or walking path(s) is prohibited.
- Admission fees or fees for rented games/booths may not be charged in County parks.
- Distribution of any educational or religious materials is restricted to event attendees only.
- The permit holder/park users must adhere to all rules and regulations contained within New Castle County, Delaware, Code of Ordinances Chapter 24 - PARKS AND RECREATION.
- A $25 non-resident fee will be charged for all reservations made under an address outside of New Castle County.
Park rental types for New Castle County ParksLink to page
Park Permit Application
Application to request a permit for New Castle County park rentalsLink to page
Requirements for Additional Items
Requirements for the use of items such as moon bounces, inflatables, games, concessions, etc.Link to page
Contact Info & Resources
Contact information for the Parks permit office and other resourcesLink to page