Join the New Castle County Department of Public works as an Engineering Intern and gain hands-on experience in:
- Civil & Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Wastewater & Stormwater Management
- Parks and Open Space Management
As an intern with the Department of Public Works, you will be given varying tasks, both in the field and at a desk:
- Parks: Natural resource/habitat restoration, tree planting, biological inventories (plants/animal), volunteer management, invasive species management planning, and GIS data collection and verification.
- Stormwater/Environmental Programs: Assisting the environmental laboratory with sampling and analysis. Assisting the pretreatment coordinator with data processing, permit reviews and environmental inspections.
- Engineering: Supporting civil/mechanical engineering projects including utilizing and gaining skills and knowledge in assessment, review, design, planning, construction, inspection, and maintenance areas of sanitary and storm sewer systems, pump stations, wastewater treatment, stormwater management facilities, and drainage protective works or improvements.
- Land Stewardship
- Wildlife Biology
- Natural Resource Management
- Botany/Horticulture Sciences
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
This is an 8-10 week paid internship starting June 6, 2023. The deadline for applications is March 24, 2023.
To apply, fill out the online application here.
For more information contact: