Victim Services

Crime or tragedy has a devastating impact on victims, witnesses and families. The New Castle County Division of Police Victim Services Unit is available to help if you have questions, need assistance or support. 

The Victim Services Unit provides information and support to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, child and elderly victims, and assistance to family members of homicide or suicide.

Victim Services Telephone Number: (302) 395-8000

 Or e-mail mailto:[email protected]

Domestic Violence Brochure

Servicios Para Victimas

Domestic Violence Coordinating Council Survey 

Information and Services Offered

-Crisis Intervention 

-Emotional Support

-Case status information

-Information on the criminal justice process

-Assistance filing Protection From Abuse Orders (PFA)

-Court Accompaniment

-Assistance filing Crime Victims’ Compensation application

-Resources and referrals

-Domestic Violence education 

-Safety planning 

-Bilingual Advocates

Important Resources

Emergency 911
Non-Emergency (302)-573-2800
Records (302)-395-8070
Victim Services (302)-395-8000
VINE (Notification of Offender Custody Status) 1-877-338-8463
VPO (Vine Protective Order) 1-866-411-0001
Victims’ Compensation Assistance Program (302)-255-1770
Adult Protective Services 1-800-223-9074
Child Abuse & Neglect Report Line 1-800-292-9582
Domestic Violence Hotline (302)-762-6110
Sexual Assault Response Center (SARC) 1-800-773-8570
ContactLifeline Crisis Hotline  1-800-262-9800
Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255
Adult Mobile Crisis Unit 1-800-652-2929
Child Mental Health Mobile Crisis 1-800-969-4357
Probation and Parole (302)-323-6050
Department of Justice (302)-577-8500

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain a copy of the police report?

You must be listed as a victim on the report in order to obtain a copy.

Contact the Record’s Department between 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday by calling (302) 395-8070 or come into the headquarters at 3601 N DuPont Hwy., New Castle, DE 19720. Bring a photo ID.

What is the difference between a criminal no contact order and a PFA order?

A judge typically orders a criminal no contact with the victim(s). It is normally in place until the case is adjudicated by the Attorney General’s Office. The Protection from Abuse Order (PFA) is a civil matter. Spouses, former spouses, family members, persons cohabitating together, persons living separate with a child or children in common, and persons who are or were involved in a dating relationship may file for a PFA order. The PFA order can last one year or longer.

How can we assist you?

We can provide you with the status of your case, verify court dates and times, provide court accompaniment, guide through the criminal justice system, provide resource information, and explain the dynamics of victimization and the cycle of domestic violence in addition to provide emotional support.

Are undocumented residents eligible for assistance?

Yes. Every resident and visitor in New Castle County is eligible to call 9-1-1 for police and medical emergencies, regardless of their immigration status.

Is an unwanted sexual activity by an intimate partner a crime?

Yes. Any kind of unwanted sexual activity by anyone, including an intimate partner is a crime. You have the right to call 9-1-1 to report the incident.

How can I report additional information after reporting a crime?

You may call the non-emergency at (302) 573-2800, in order to report additional information pertaining to a crime previously reported to the police.