WHAT IS THE NCC YOUTH WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM?
The New Castle County Youth Workforce Development Program (NCC YWDP) is a jobs program designed to engage low-income New Castle County residents, ages 14-21, in a productive employment program filled with work-based learning that helps to launch their careers.
BENEFITS TO YOUTH
- Work-based learning experiences that will help prepare youth for the workforce. This, in turn, encourages workforce development in our communities.
- Youth are exposed to the working world which enables them to learn about the variety of occupations available.
- Youth are able to generate income and learn how to manage their finances.
BENEFITS TO EMPLOYERS
- Employers are provided the opportunity to mentor youth interested in acquiring new skills and experiences in the workforce.
- Increase your organization’s workforce at NO COST to you, the employer.
- Tap into the knowledge and skills of a younger, tech-savvy generation to help generate new ideas and processes.