NCC2050 Comprehensive Plan
NCC2050, the new comprehensive plan, was approved in July 2022!
This comprehensive planning update was a robust community-driven process that allowed us to strategically shape how we grow and develop as a County over the next 10 years.
NCC2050 will help guide development and services; shape the communities where we live, work, and play; celebrate our environmental, historical, and cultural assets; and support a robust economy. Broad citizen input from every neighborhood, every industry, and every person was key to creating a vibrant and inclusive future that reflects our community values.
We’re excited about the future of New Castle County and want to ensure its growth and development is sustainable and equitable for all.
NCC2050 is effective from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2032.
Archived: New Castle County 2012 Comprehensive Plan
The 2012 update of New Castle County's Comprehensive Plan was adopted into Law on May 7, 2012 and subsequently certified by Delaware Governor Jack Markell upon the recommendation of the Office of State Planning Coordination. This update consists of 12 chapters and 178 pages including maps, meeting summaries, survey results, and other supporting information. This plan expired on June 30, 2022.
Click on the cover to the left to view the complete booklet. We have also split it into multiple PDF files below for more manageable online viewing utilizing smaller file sizes.
A hard copy of the 2012 update plan may be purchased for $50 by contacting the Department of Land Use at (302) 395-5400 or [email protected]. Printed copies are also available for viewing at New Castle County's libraries.
- Acknowledgements and Voting Record (PDF)
- Letter of Certification from Governor Markell (PDF)
- County Executive Letter of Introduction (PDF)
- Ordinance 11-109 - Adopting the 2012 Comprehensive Plan Update (PDF)
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Chapter 1 (PDF)
- 2012 Planning Districts (PDF)
- 2012 Zoning Map (JPG)
- Chapter 2 (PDF)
- Chapter 3 (PDF)
- 2007 Future Land Use (PDF)
- 2012 Future Land Use Map (PDF)
- Chapter 4 (PDF)
- 2012 State Strategies (PDF)
- Chapter 5 (PDF)
- 2012 Sewer Services (PDF)
- Chapter 6 (PDF)
- 2012 Critical Natural Areas (PDF)
- 2012 Agricultural Lands (PDF)
- 2012 Protected Lands (PDF)
- 2012 Preserved Lands (PDF)
- Chapter 7 (PDF)
- 2012 HISTORIC RESOURCES (PDF)
- Chapter 8 (PDF)
- 2012 Undeveloped Residential Land (PDF)
- Chapter 9 (PDF)
- Underdeveloped Non Residential Land (PDF)
- Nonresidential Zoning Land (PDF)
- Chapter 10 (PDF)
- Chapter 11 (PDF)
- Chapter 12 (PDF)
- Map 11-1 Intergovernmental Coordination (PDF)
- 2012 School Districts (PDF)
New Castle County submits a report to the State Planning Office annually to report progress on implementation of the Comprehensive Plan. Click on the links below to read recent annual reports.