Permit Endorsed Contractor License

Permit endorsed licenses must be obtained for building and utility work. There are different license categories based on the work to be performed in each area. This type of license is only for construction contractors whose work requires a permit or performs mechanical and plumbing work. If your work does not require a permit and/or is not described as mechanical and plumbing contractor work requiring a utility license, you may need to should apply for a non-permit endorsed license.  A non-permit endorsed license is defined as any activity that falls under Sector 23 of the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code.

The permit endorsed license applications require the submission of documents and may not be applied for online.

2020 Application Documents

PLEASE DO NOT MODIFY THE BOND IN ANY WAY. Modified Bonds WILL NOT be accepted and will be returned to the contractor.  New for 2020: Contractors will be able to submit their registration submissions electronically. Therefore, wet or digital seals by surety companies are preferred.

If you should have any questions, please call (302) 395-5420.

NOTE: NCC requires the submission of a Contractor License Verification (CLV) form for each permit issued. To eliminate this requirement for each permit, fill out a Master CLV form which will cover all permits issued to you for the 2019 license period. This may be submitted with your contractor packet or emailed to