*PLEASE NOTE: The RPATAC Public Hearing scheduled for September 23, 2020 has been rescheduled for September 30.
Information Regarding Virtual Public Meetings and Hearings:
In accordance with Governor Carney’s Declaration of a State of Emergency, the Department of Land Use is now holding all public hearings and meetings in a "virtual" format as a telephone and video conference, utilizing Zoom Meetings. Members of the public wishing to join any Land Use Board public hearing or other public meeting may do so by utilizing a link or phone number(s) and the appropriate Zoom meeting ID. This information will be specified on the appropriate *Public Hearing/Meeting Agenda no less than two (2) business days prior to the scheduled hearing date. *NOTE: Up-to-date public hearing agendas, including Zoom meeting log-in information (once available), are available in our Agenda Center and through the Meeting Schedule links below.
Additional information regarding Virtual Public Meetings may be found at: Virtual Meetings-Land-Use
Note for Applicants only:
Applicants must submit presentation materials electronically to the Department of Land Use no less than five (5) business days prior to the scheduled public hearing. Please email us with any questions.
Regular Meetings (Public Hearings)
- 9:30 a.m.
- Fourth Wednesday of the month (Note: dates, times and/or locations of meetings and hearings are subject to change.)
- New Castle County Government Center
New Castle Room
87 Read’s Way
New Castle, DE 19720
- 4 Vacancies
- Dan Barbato, Consulting Engineers
- John Barndt, Department of Natural Resources & Environmental Control
- Stephanie Baxter, Delaware Geological Survey
- Kevin Donnelly, New Castle Conservation District
- Michael Falkowski, Department of Land Use
- Gerald Kauffman, University of Delaware Water Resources Agency
- Ellie Mortazavi, Department of Public Works
- Marian Young, Chamber of Commerce
About the Committee
There are 13 members on the Resource Protection Area Technical Advisory Committee (RPATAC). Members are appointed by the county executive to four-year terms. The chairperson is designated by the county executive.
As stated in Section 40.30.430 of the New Castle County Code, the purposes and duties of the RPATAC are to:
- Provide technical support and recommendations to the (Land Use) Department concerning the technical definition and criteria of any resource protection area.
- Advise the Department when the RPATAC determines that performance standards should be amended.
- Provide technical support and recommendations to the Board of Adjustment concerning any application made to that Board.
- Advise the Department when the RPATAC determines that this division, or any regulations promulgated pursuant to this division, should be amended.
- Assist the Department as requested.