Tenant Information

NCCHA Now Performs All Annual Re-Certifications by Mail

Clients will receive their Re-Cert Packet in the mail and must either return it, completed and signed, or request a time for an office appointment.

NCCHA caseworkers Do Not Take Walk-In's. In-person appointments or hearings must be scheduled in advance with caseworkers. In addition, please allow staff 48 hours to respond to messages. If you do not receive a response within that timeframe, please contact Ms. Dennis or Ms. Scarpitti

Clients: Report Changes As Soon As Possible! 

In order for changes to Rent to take effect the following month, you must report any changes in employment/income or household composition by the 15th of the month.  Examples:

  • If a decrease change is received on July 8, the change in tenant payment will be for August 1.
  • If the change is not received until July 16, the change in tenant payment will be effective September 1.

See below for the forms needed to Request an Interim (adjust income) or update household composition (add/remove family members).


NCCHA is once again maintaining a listing of units know to be available and ready for HCV tenants. You can view the one-, two-, and three-bedroom listing documents in this folder, which will be updated regularly. 

Tenants may still seek housing from any market landlord who is open to working with the HCV Program, and additional rental listings are still available on DelawareHousingSearch.org and elsewhere. 


If You are at Risk of Eviction...

Clients who owe back rent, are facing eviction, or are in need of other assistance are encouraged to utilize the resources below:

  • The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) can offer help with past due rent, security deposits, moving aid and more. You can learn more about the ERAP program here.  
  • This Step-by-Step Guide for People at Risk of Evictionput together by the US Interagency Council on Homelessness.  


Welcome to the NCCHA Tenant Portal...

Tenants can now check and update their information, complete certifications, upload documents, check the status of payments and more on the NCCHA Tenant Portal.

Check out the slideshow below for a walk-through of the Home screen, which gives an overview of what tenants can use the Portal to do. We are also working on additional how-to's covering each are of the portal in further detail so that our clients can make the most of it.

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9

Need HELP Finding a Place? 

The county's Housing Everyone Locator Program (NCC HELP) works to connect families in need of housing with safe and affordable options that can work with vouchers and other programs. NCCHA tenants with open vouchers can contact the HELP Coordinator for assistance with finding the right place to move. Further details and contact info can be found on the NCC HELP page.

Current Tenant Forms

Reasonable Accommodations Forms

Find Support in the Community

The organizations below are part of an interconnected network of community groups that serve those facing housing issues in Delaware. From assistance with rental deposits and home heating costs, to help for those facing eviction and guidance on financial management, these groups work to keep families housed and whole. Further resources can be found on our Waiting List and Portability pages.

Catholic Charities(302) 655-9624
Lutheran Community Services, Inc.   (302) 654-8886
Cathedral of Saint Peter (302) 654-2275
Claymont State Service Center (302) 798-2870 
Hudson State Service Center (302) 283-7500 
Kingswood Community Center (302) 764-9022 
West End Neighborhood House (302) 658-4171 
Resurrection Parish, Outreach (302) 368-0146
Saint Helenas Parish Social Ministry (302) 764-7545
LIHEAP (Low Income Heating & Energy Assistance Program)(302) 654-9295 
F.A.I.T.H. Center, Inc (302) 654-4550
Salvation Army (302) 472-0700
DeLaWarr State Service Center (302) 577-2970
Ministry of Caring (302) 594-9476
Newark Area Welfare Committee (302) 283-7500

Page Updated 8/1/2023