Absalom Jones Senior Center
Free to New Castle County seniors. Stop by the Center to join or learn about planned outings and activities.
Membership forms can be picked up at Ab Jones or are available below to print. To complete the application process, please stop by Absalom Jones before you use the Center.
A hot, nutritious meal or salad bar is served at 11:30 a.m. on weekdays (excluding holidays) for a suggested donation of $2.25 for seniors over age 60, or $4.50 for guests under age 60. Reservations are required by 11:30 a.m. the day before you plan to dine. Please call 302-995-7636 to make your reservation.
Each day, the bus picks up area seniors who come to the center for activities, trips, and a noon-time meal. If you are interested in the bus service, please call the center.
Information & Referrals
Our professional staff provides information and referrals to members on issues important to seniors, such as housing, Medicare, and homemaker services.
Resources and Services
- Health: Blood pressure screening, Delaware Assistance Prescription Program, Vial of Life, Medicare information, and speakers
- Services: Elder info, legal aid, tax assistance by AARP, defensive driving, caregiver information, book and video lending library, and Delaware Energy Assistance Program
Programs and Events
- Game room activities: Bingo, pinochle, billiards, shuffleboard, and Wii game room is open daily 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Fitness: Dance classes, Pickleball, Zumba, water aerobics, Tai Chi, group exercise, walk the gym, beginners dance class, Walking Boot Camp, and Cyn-Win dance/fitness
- Arts and crafts: Open Art Studio, watercolor class, sewing/quilting, drawing, clay classes.
- Shopping: Trips to the bank, post office, grocery store, Farmers Market, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, and more
- Groups: Advisory Council, Red Hat Society "Sassy Ladies,” Chess Club, Crochet Club, Drama Club, Shuffleboard Club, and Wii Bowling