Absalom Jones Senior Center
Free Water Exercise for Seniors 55+ at the Surratte Pool in New Castle
Enjoy the low-impact fitness benefits of water exercise. Instructor Mary Allen Luise will guide you through a series of movements designed to support strength and stamina. Please call (302) 995-7636 for more details. Ages 55+ FREE
Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays, 10-11 a.m.
Through August 27
499 Bethune Drive, New Castle
Free transportation from Absalom Jones Senior Center
310 Kiamensi Drive, Newport,
Call (302) 995-76366 for details
Free to New Castle County seniors. Stop by to complete a membership form and pick up a newsletter to learn about planned outings and activities.
A hot, nutritious meal or salad bar is served at 11:30 a.m. on weekdays (excluding holidays) for a suggested donation of $2.25 for seniors over age 60, or $4.50 for guests under age 60. Reservations are required by 11:30 a.m. the day before you plan to dine. Please call 302-995-7636 to make your reservation.
Each day, the bus picks up area seniors who come to the center for activities, trips, and a noon-time meal. If you are interested in the bus service, please call the center.
Information & Referrals
Our professional staff provides information and referrals to members on issues important to seniors, such as housing, Medicare, and homemaker services.
- Game room activities: Bingo, pinochle, billiards, shuffleboard, and Wii
Game room is open daily 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Health: Blood pressure screening, Delaware Assistance Prescription Program, Vial of Life, Medicare information, and speakers
- Fitness: Dance classes, water aerobics, Tai Chi, group exercise, walk the gym, beginners dance class, Walking Boot Camp, and Cyn-Win dance / fitness
- Services: Elder info, legal aid, tax assistance by AARP, defensive driving, caregiver information, book and video lending library, and Delaware Energy Assistance Program
- Groups: Advisory Council, Red Hat Society "Sassy Ladies,” Chess Club, Crochet Club, Drama Club, Shuffleboard Club, and Wii Bowling
- Arts and crafts: Watercolor class, paper flower making, and candy making
- Shopping: Trips to the bank, post office, grocery store, Farmers Market, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, and more