New Castle County Youth Workforce Development Program
Applications are now OPEN for fall Youth Workforce Opportunities
JOB DESCRIPTION: Positions are for income-eligible youth ages 14 – 20. There are a limited number of work leader positions for youth up to age 21 available. Working permits will be required for selected youth 17 years of age and younger. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Selected applicants will be paid $12.50 per hour. Positions are funded through the American Recovery Program Act (ARPA) and have household income eligibility requirements.
Opportunities are available in fitness/exercise coaching, business, culinary, and coding.
Working Hours for the Position (Hours are per week)
- Maximum hours during the school year: 15 hours
- Maximum hours during the summer: 25 hours
Applicants are required to attach to their online application, photo ID, and household income documentation as outlined below. Applicants are encouraged to submit scanned versions of that documentation. Many smartphones include apps that have scanning capability (iPhone Notes, Adobe). Failure to attach this information to your application may cause a delay or disqualify you from eligibility for participation in the program.
All parts of this application must be filled out for it to be considered for employment. It is strongly encouraged that all applicants have and utilize a viable email address to which New Castle County can send information regarding the Youth Workforce Development Program. This information may include your status with the program, important dates, as well as other vital information applicants will need to participate in the program.
Youth Applicant's Photo Identification (Photocopy Only)
- Government-issued (not expired) photo ID or driver's license OR
- Current school-issued photo ID OR
- United States passport
Proof of Parental/Guardian Income (Photocopy Only)
- 2021 W-2; OR
- Three (3) most recent pay stubs; OR
- Agency letter verifying TANF, social security, pension/retirement benefits, DE Healthy Child Program, or other sources of income, if applicable; OR
- If the parent/guardian is self-employed, a business license with the most recent business tax return
Employment dates and details may change.
What is the NCC Youth Workforce Development Program?
The New Castle County Youth Workforce Development Program (NCC YWDP) is a jobs program designed to engage low-income New Castle County residents, ages 14-21, in a productive employment program filled with work-based learning that helps to launch their careers.
BENEFITS TO YOUTH
- Work-based learning experiences that will help prepare youth for the workforce. This, in turn, encourages workforce development in our communities.
- Youth are exposed to the working world which enables them to learn about the variety of occupations available.
- Youth are able to generate income and learn how to manage their finances.
BENEFITS TO EMPLOYERS
- Employers are provided the opportunity to mentor youth interested in acquiring new skills and experiences in the workforce.
- Increase your organization’s workforce at NO COST to you, the employer.
- Tap into the knowledge and skills of a younger, tech-savvy generation to help generate new ideas and processes.
New Castle County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
This program is funded by the following organizations: