*REVISED MAY 17, 2023
BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Thursday, May 18, 2023
NOTE: In accordance with 29 Del. C. Section 10006A, Board of Adjustment Hearings will be held as a virtual meeting utilizing Zoom Webinar. The New Castle Room, Government Center, 87 Reads Way, New Castle, DE 19720 will be accessible during the scheduled hearing time for members of the public to attend the virtual meeting in-person.
Additional information regarding Virtual Public Meetings may be found at: Virtual Meetings-Land-Use
ZOOM Webinar log-in beginning at 5:45 P.M.
Log-in information for this meeting is posted below.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile:
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
+1 305 224 1968 US
+1 309 205 3325 US
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Webinar ID: 832 2777 0089
*OLD BUSINESS: "Old Business" will be the first item on the Agenda with “New Business” items to follow in order as listed.
Adjourned meeting in continuation of Application 2022-0388-A, 20 Granite Road, Wilmington, DE 19803 adjourned from the April 13, 2023 Public Hearing. NOTE: The Record, including Public Comment, is CLOSED. The Applicant’s presentation and Public comment portion of the meeting has concluded and the adjourned meeting shall include the Board’s deliberations and Decision ONLY.
1. 203 Goldleaf Drive East, Middletown, DE 19709: Area variance: To maintain a dwelling under construction 33 feet from the Goldleaf Drive East right-of-way (40-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Apex Engineering Inc. S Zoning. CD. 6 (App 2023-0237-A) TP 13-011.40-108.
2. 225 Carlow Drive, Wilmington, DE 19808. Area variance: To construct an addition 15 feet from the rear property line (25-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Sean O’Hanlon. S Zoning. CD 9. (App 2023-0152-A) TP 08-049.10-110.
3. 48 Victoria Boulevard, Newark, DE 19702. Area variance: To construct an addition 30 feet from the rear property line (40-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. SRA Home Products. NCTH Zoning. CD. 7 (App 2023-0171-A) TP 10-033.30-322.
4. 2604 Chinchilla Drive, Wilmington, DE 19810. Area variance: To construct an addition 14 feet from the Northcrest Drive right-of-way (25-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Emanuel Broomall Jr. NC6.5 Zoning. CD 2. (App 2023-0172-A) TP 06-024.00-147.
5. 235 Old Churchmans Road, New Castle, DE 19720. Area variance: To permit an 8-foot tall fence along the rear property line (6-foot maximum fence height) see UDC Section 40.03.410.D. Douglas & Kim Hayes. NC6.5 Zoning. CD 7. (App 2023-0204-A) TP 10-017.00-016.
6. 2914 Cheshire Road, Wilmington, DE 19810. Area variance: To construct a detached accessory structure 10 feet from the Rockville Road right-of-way (25-foot street yard setback) see UDC Sections 40.03.410.A & Table 40.04.110.B. Adeline Brooks. NC10 Zoning. CD 2. (App 2023-0219-A) TP 06-030.00-008.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations according to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please call 395-5400 (DRS, 1-800-232-5460) at least (5) business days before the meeting/hearing. Information is available in the Department of Land Use, New Castle County Government Center, 87 Reads Way, Corporate Commons, New Castle, DE from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or call 395-5400.