AGENDA *Revised 5/18/20
BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Thursday, May 28, 2020
In accordance with Governor Carney’s Proclamation and the Declaration of a State of Emergency, New Castle County is holding all public meetings as telephone and video conferences, utilizing Zoom Webinar until further notice.
NOTE: Members of the public interested in joining/participating in a Zoom virtual public hearing/meeting are encouraged to submit a Public Hearing Virtual Meeting Participation Form prior to the date of the meeting. Additional information regarding Virtual Public Meetings may be found at: Virtual Meetings-Land-Use
ZOOM Webinar log-in beginning at 5:45 P.M. Log-in information for this meeting is as follows:
When: May 28, 2020 6:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Board of Adjustment Virtual Public Hearing
1. 207 W. Roosevelt Avenue, New Castle, DE 19720. Area variance: To construct an addition 18 feet from the W. Roosevelt Avenue right-of-way (25-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Daisy Rivera. NC5 Zoning. CD 7. (App 2020-0166-A) TP 10-014.30-360.
2. 5500 Lancaster Pike, Wilmington, DE 19807. Area variance: To permit a 9-foot tall fence along the easterly side lot line (6-foot maximum fence height) see UDC Section 40.03.310.D. Suzanne Landi. S Zoning. CD 2. (App 2020-0174-A) TP 07-031.00-016.
3. 0 Boxwood Road, Wilmington, DE 19804. Area variance: To permit a lot width of 49.3 feet for Lots 163 & 164 (50-foot minimum lot width) see UDC Table 40.04.110.A. Steve Coviello. NC5 Zoning. CD 1. (App 2020-0179-A) TP 07-042.40-447.
*4. 401 Contemplation Way, Middletown, DE 19709. *THIS APPLICATION HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO THE JUNE 11, 2020 PUBLIC HEARING.
Area variance to facilitate the recordation of a Land Development Plan: To permit a community inground pool and associated decking 20 feet from the rear property line (30-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Whispering Woods LLC. S Zoning. CD 12. (App 2020-0137-A) TP 13-012.24-018.
5. 300 Continental Drive, Newark, DE 19713. Area variance: To permit a 421 square foot wall sign (75-square foot maximum sign area) see UDC Table 40.06.060. Gable Signs & Graphics Inc. OR Zoning. CD 1. (App 2020-0076-A) TP 09-024.00-026.
6. 2475 Pinnacle Drive, Wilmington, DE 19803. Area variances: 1. To permit 2 additional wall identification signs (1 wall or ground identification sign permitted) see UDC Table 40.06.060. 2. To permit an 87 square foot wall identification sign on the easterly façade of the building (75-square foot maximum sign area) see UDC Table 40.06.060. Elmark Sign Company. OR Zoning. CD 2. (App 2020-0100-A) TP 06-100.00-104.
7. 1415 Pulaski Highway, Newark, DE 19702. Area variance to facilitate the recordation of a Land Development Plan: 1. To disturb 100% of a WRPA Recharge Area (50% maximum disturbance) see UDC Table 40.10.010. 2. To provide 48% impervious coverage in WRPA Recharge Area (20% maximum impervious coverage) see UDC Section 40.10.160 3. To maintain paving 27 feet from the Pulaski Highway right-of-way (40-foot paving setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 4. To permit 80 parking spaces (95 parking spaces required) see UDC Table 40.03.522. Dr. Manish Garg. ON Zoning. CD 11. (App 2020-0102-A) TP 10-043.10-119.