*The June 23, 2022 Board of Adjustment Board Hearing has been postponed due to the unavailability of a quorum; all applications will be rescheduled for an upcoming Hearing date(s) to be determined. The Board of Adjustment is comprised of seven (7) members; however, there are currently two (2) vacancies leaving five (5) active members. Unified Development Code (UDC) Section 40.30.341.A.4 states that a majority of the Board’s members shall constitute a quorum necessary to take action and transact business. In the case of the Board of Adjustment, four (4) members constitutes a quorum; however, out of the five (5) active members only three (3) were available to attend the June 23 Hearing. The Department of Land Use and Board of Adjustment apologize for any inconvenience.
NOTE: In accordance with 29 Del. C. Section 10006A, Board of Adjustment Hearings will be held as a virtual meeting utilizing Zoom Webinar. The Multi-Purpose Room of the James H. Gilliam, Jr. Building, 67 Reads Way, New Castle, DE 19720 will be accessible during the scheduled hearing time for members of the public to attend the virtual meeting in-person.
Or One tap mobile: US: +19292056099,,84152255815# or +13017158592,,84152255815#
Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 Webinar ID: 841 5225 5815
1. 2 Stoney Run Road, Wilmington, DE 19809. Area variance: To construct an addition 13 feet from the Stoney Run Road right-of-way (25-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Jennifer & Christian Jeffers. NC6.5 Zoning. CD 8. (App 2022-0267-A) TP 06-124.00-093.
2. 434 Pencader Lane, Bear, DE 19701. Area variance: To permit a detached accessory structure 24 feet in height (20-foot maximum height) see UDC Section 40.03.410.A. Gerard Baffone. NC40 Zoning. CD 11. (App 2022-0269-A) TP 11-041.00-026.
3. 1101 Virginia Avenue, Newark, DE 19711. Area variance: 1. To maintain a dwelling 38 feet from the Virginia Avenue right-of-way (40-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 2. To construct a detached accessory structure 4 feet from the westerly side lot line (12-foot side yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Carmine Casper. NC15 Zoning. CD 5. (App 2022-0310-A) TP 09-013.10-013.
4. 2403 Garfield Avenue, Wilmington, DE 19809. Area variance: To maintain a dwelling 10 feet from the rear property line (25-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Ward & Taylor, LLC. NC6.5 Zoning. CD 8. (App 2022-0321-A) TP 06-095.00-573.
5. 1800 Limestone Road, Wilmington, DE 19804. Area variances: 1. To maintain 2 wall identification signs (1-wall or ground identification sign permitted) see UDC Table 40.06.060. 2. To permit a 33 square foot ground identification sign with a 13 square foot EVMS portion (20-square foot maximum sign area) see UDC Table 40.06.060. 3. To permit a 33 square foot ground identification sign, with a 13 square foot EVMS portion, 13 feet from the Limestone Road right-of-way (20-foot ground sign setback) see UDC Table 40.06.060. HES Sign Services, Inc. S Zoning. CD 1. (App 2022-0259-A) TP 08-050.20-069.
6. 721 E. Chestnut Hill Road, Newark, DE 19713. Area variance: To permit a ground sign 15 feet from the E. Chestnut Hill Road right-of-way (40-foot ground sign setback) see UDC Table 40.06.060. The Journey. CN Zoning. CD 9. (App 2022-0266-A) TP 09-022.40-228.
7. 5988 Philadelphia Pike, Claymont, DE 19703. Area variance: To permit 44,220 cubic yards of net loss of floodplain storage (0 net loss of floodplain storage is permitted) see UDC Section 40.10.320.F. VanDemark & Lynch, Inc. HI Zoning. CD 8. (App 2022-0260-A) TP 06-073.00-001.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations according to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please call 395-5400 (DRS, 1-800-232-5460) at least (5) business days before the meeting/hearing. Information is available in the Department of Land Use, New Castle County Government Center, 87 Reads Way, Corporate Commons, New Castle, DE from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or call 395-5400.