BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Thursday, October 22, 2020
In accordance with Governor Carney’s Proclamation and the Declaration of a State of Emergency, New Castle County is holding all public meetings as telephone and video conferences, utilizing Zoom Webinar until further notice.
Additional information regarding Virtual Public Meetings may be found at: Virtual Meetings-Land-Use
ZOOM Webinar log-in beginning at 5:45 P.M. Log-in information for this meeting is as follows:
When: October 22, 2020 6:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Board of Adjustment Virtual Public Hearing
1. 0 Philadelphia Pike, Wilmington, DE 19809. Area variance: To construct a dwelling 15 feet from the Clearview Avenue right-of-way (25-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Craig DiSabatino. NC5 Zoning. CD 8. (App 2020-0537-A) TP 06-115.00-137.
2. 332 Strawberry Lane, Middletown, DE 19709. *THIS APPLICATION HAS BEEN CONTINUED TO A FUTURE HEARING DATE TBD.
Area variances to facilitate the recordation of a Land Development Plan: 1. To permit a lot size of 2.92 acres exclusive of protected resources for a gross lot size of 4.54 acres for Lot 1 (5.00-acre minimum lot size exclusive of protected resources) see Table 40.04.110.B. 2. To permit a lot size of 3.52 acres exclusive of protected resources for a gross lot size of 3.88 acres for Lot 2 (5.00-acre minimum lot size exclusive of protected resources) see Table 40.04.110.B. 3. To permit a lot width of 275.75 feet for Lot 1 (300-foot minimum lot width) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 4. To permit a lot width of 253.49 feet for Lot 2 (300-foot minimum lot width) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Christine Larson. CR Zoning (processed as SR pending proposed rezoning). CD 6. (App 2020-0535-A) TP 14-010.00-011.
3. 1120 Darley Road, Wilmington, DE 19810. Area variances: 1. To permit 1 additional identification sign (1 wall or ground identification sign permitted) see UDC Table 40.06.060. 2. To permit a 69 square foot wall identification (20-square foot maximum sign area) see UDC Table 40.06.060. Greg Feld-KC Signs Co. S Zoning. CD 8. (App 2020-0501-A) TP 06-034.00-184.
4. 1000 Liberty Road, Wilmington, DE 19804. Area variances: 1. To permit a ground sign with a 30 square foot EVMS (Electronic Variable Message Sign) portion 0 feet from the Newport Gap Pike right-of-way (25-foot setback for ground sign under 50 square feet) see UDE Table 40.06.060. 2. To permit an EVMS sign 65 feet from a residential use (EVMS signs shall not be located within 75 of any residential use) see UCD Section 40.06.030.B.6. Greg Feld-KC Signs Co. CN Zoning. CD 1. (App 2020-0502-A) TP 07-041.20-033.
5. 1 Fairplay Boulevard, Newark, DE 19713. Area variances: 1. To permit 4 ground sign (3 ground signs maximum) see UDC Table 40.06.060. 2. To permit 2, 184 square foot ground signs with a 50 square foot EVMS (Electronic Variable Message Sign) portions along the Ogletown-Stanton Road right-of-way (150-square foot maximum sign area) see UDC Table 40.06.060. Delaware Racing Association. CR Zoning. CD 9. (App 2020-0392-A) TP 09-018.00-001.
6. 270 Polly Drummond Hill Road, Newark, DE 19711. Area variances to facilitate the recordation of a Land Development Plan: 1. To permit a 0.0 bufferyard opacity along the Linden Hill Road right-of way (0.3 bufferyard opacity) see UDC Table 40.04.111.A. 2. To permit an ATM machine 4 feet from the Linden Hill Road right-of-way (15-foot building setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 3. To maintain paving 0 feet from the Linden Hill Road right-of-way (40-foot street yard paving setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 4. To provide 1 stacking space (6 stacking spaces required for drive-in facilities) see UDC Table 40.03.316.3. Rojan 586 Polly LLC. CN Zoning. CD 3. (App 2020-0539-A) TP 08-042.30-149.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations according to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please call 395-5400 (DRS, 1-800-232-5460) at least (5) business days before the meeting/hearing. Information is available in the Department of Land Use, New Castle County Government Center, 87 Reads Way, Corporate Commons, New Castle, DE from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or call 395-5400.