BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Thursday, December 17, 2020
In accordance with Governor Carney’s Proclamation and the Declaration of a State of Emergency, New Castle County is holding all public meetings as telephone and video conferences, utilizing Zoom Webinar until further notice.
Additional information regarding Virtual Public Meetings may be found at: Virtual Meetings-Land-Use
ZOOM Webinar log-in beginning at 5:45 P.M. Log-in information for this meeting is as follows:
When: December 17, 2020 6:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Board of Adjustment Virtual Public Hearing
1. 2827 Grubb Road, Wilmington, DE 19810. Area variance: To construct a detached accessory structure 3 feet from the easterly side lot line (6-foot side yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Joseph Appiah. NC6.5 Zoning. CD 2. (App. 2020-0708-A) TP 06-021.00-330.
2. 104 Dexter Road, Wilmington, DE 19803. Area variances: 1. To maintain a dwelling 30 feet from the Dexter Road right-of-way (40-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 2. To construct an addition 27 feet from the Dexter Road right-of-way (40-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Carmine Casper. NC15 Zoning. CD 2. (App. 2020-0704-A) TP 06-100.00-035.
3. 98 Husbands Drive, Wilmington, DE 19803. Area variances: 1. To permit a detached Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) on a 0.55-acre parcel (greater than 2-acre minimum lot area required for a detached ADU) see UDC Section 40.03.410.H.7. 2. To permit a detached ADU 7 feet from the rear property line (40-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B and UDC Section 40.03.410.H. 3. To maintain paving 0 feet from the southerly side lot line (2-foot paving setback) see UDC Section 40.04.110.E.1.e. Adena Brewington-Brown. NC21 Zoning. CD 2. (App. 2020-0709-A) TP 06-004.00-011.
4. 366 Old Baltimore Pike, Newark, DE 19702. Area variance: To permit a 63 square foot wall sign (20-square foot maximum sign area) see UDC Table 40.06.060. Atlantic Dawn Properties LLC. S Zoning. CD 11. (App. 2020-0682-A) TP 09-038.00-032.
5. 3491 Harris Road, Townsend, DE 19734. Special Use Permit to permit a 125-foot tall cell tower disguised as a tree: Special Use Permit to permit a 125-foot cell tower disguised as a tree on residentially zoned property see
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations according to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please call 395-5400 (DRS, 1-800-232-5460) at least (5) business days before the meeting/hearing. Information is available in the Department of Land Use, New Castle County Government Center, 87 Reads Way, Corporate Commons, New Castle, DE from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or call 395-5400.