Bring your family to enjoy a festive evening of music, caroling, refreshments, hayrides and a visit from Santa and his elves at the Christmas Tree Lighting at Glasgow Park from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5
The actual tree lighting, led by County Executive Tom Gordon along with Councilman David Tackett, is scheduled for 5 o’clock.
This event is free, however to help those less fortunate, please bring a non-perishable food item or new mittens/hats/scarves.
See schedule of events below.
Tree Lighting at Glasgow Park
• Location: Glasgow Park Pavilion #3 (across from sledding hill)
2275 Pulaski Highway, Newark DE 19702
- Traveling west on Rt. 40, first entrance into Park
• Date/Time: Thursday, December 5, 2013
Tree Lighting at 5:00 pm.
Event from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
• The Executive will speak:
? Welcome community members to Tree Lighting at Glasgow Park.
? Thank the following for providing refreshments, decorations and music:
Refreshments by Everspring Church, Red Lion Church, Red Lion Christian Academy and Eastpoint Church;
Decorations provided by Switch Skateboard Shop;
Music provided by Mt. Pleasant High School Brass Quintet, Red Lion Christian Academy, Everspring Church
? Introduce Councilman Tackett
? Count down for tree lighting and throw switch; sing “Oh, Christmas Tree”
• Schedule of Activities:
o Music 4:00 - 6:00 pm
o Hayrides 4:00 - 6:00 pm
o Visits with Santa 4:00 – 6:00 pm
o Refreshments 4:00 – 6:00 pm
• Music provided by
4:00 Brass Quintet from Mt. Pleasant High School
4:30 Red Lion Youth Group
4:45 Everspring Church
5:00 Tree will be lit and everyone will sing “Oh, Christmas Tree”
5:10 Brass Quintet
5:30 Everspring Church
• Refreshments provided by Everspring Church, Red Lion Church, Red Lion Christian Academy and Eastpoint Church.
• Decorations provided by Switch Skateboard Shop
• Department of Special Services staff will be on hand.