Children’s Clay (ages 6-9 and 10-17): Saturday 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. starting in January. Ongoing.
Adult Clay: The class schedule will be based on the existing studio schedule & the teaching artist’s schedule. Ongoing.
Art Studio Classes:
All classes will be held in classrooms at the Art Studio located at 310 Kiamensi Road, Wilmington, DE. Contracted Art Instructors will receive as payment 70% of class revenues. Instructors are expected to supply materials or material lists for classes. Instructors may list an additional materials fee due at the time of class.
Teaching Artist Requested Skills:
- Experience teaching ceramics to youth and/or adults
- Ability to lead a group of students (youth and/or adults)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work hours outside of class to complete projects in a timely fashion
- Knowledge of ceramics equipment
- Ability to implement safety protocol within the studio
- Experience using electric kilns for both bisque and glaze firings
Deadline: October 31. Completed applications can be sent by email to: [email protected], and by mail to: The Art Studio, Suite F, 310 Kiamensi Road, Wilmington, DE 19804.
The Art Studio is the fine art education facility of New Castle County, Department of Community Services. Located in the Absalom Jones Community Center at 310 Kiamensi Road in Wilmington, Delaware, it is home to vibrant art programs. Students of all ages can learn techniques from stained glass, jewelry, book arts, polymer clay, pottery, darkroom photography, weaving, drawing, painting and much more. Additional programs include the Kaleidoscope Program and Creative Art Saturdays. The goal of the art studio is to provide New Castle County residents with a broad variety of interesting, exciting and artistic classes and programs.