New Castle, DE – New Castle County Executive Matt Meyer announced the return of the very popular New Castle County Discount Rain Barrel Program sale. The EarthMinded RainStation 45-gal barrel retails for approximately $130, but New Castle County residents can purchase one through the Clean Stream Champion program for $50*, while supplies last at http://www.cleanstreamchampion.com/rain-barrel-program.
The last rain barrel sale sold out quickly, in just days, so residents are urged to reserve theirs today.
NEW FOR 2022: Due to manufacturing changes and rise in cost, the barrels for 2022 are a 45-gallon size. These barrels are exactly the same as the previous 50-gallon ones in all other aspects. There are a limited number of 50-gallon barrels remaining and will be sold on a first-come-first-served basis for pickup at our Friday, April 22 Earth Day Event at the Claymont Library.
Rain barrel specifications:
- Includes barrel, lid and diverter system
- Reversible lid can be uses as a planter for herbs or annuals
- Made of 85% recycled materials
- Includes diverter and all parts needed for installation
- Diverter is easy to install and winterize
- No special tools needed; hole saw included
- Sealed system resists pests and algae growth
- Spigot and drain with standard garden hose connection
- Illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Barrel color is black
Pick-up dates and locations:
1. 50-Gallon Barrels Only: Friday, April 22 at the Claymont Library Earth Day event located at 400 Lenape Way, Claymont, DE 19703, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
2. Friday, May 6 at the NCC Conner Building located at 187A Old Churchman's Road, New Castle, DE 19720, 9 a.m. 11:00 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Pickup will take place in the parking lot to the left of the main entrance.
3. Saturday, May 7 at The Brandywine Recreation Center located at 4050 Brandywine Parkway, Brandywine Town Center, Wilmington, DE 19803, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
4. Saturday, May 14 at Glasgow Park, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Pickup will take place at the Bank Barn, drive-thru style. For a map of the location, click here.
5. Friday, June 3 at the NCC Conner Building located at 187A Old Churchman's Road, New Castle, DE 19720, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Pickup will take place in the parking lot to the left of the main entrance.
*Do you live in the City of Newark?
The City of Newark currently offers a Rain Barrel Grant program where residents may apply for one (1) free rain barrel while supplies last. If you pay into the City’s stormwater utility (see your utility bill), have City of Newark trash and electric service, your tax parcel number begins with 180, and you have not previously applied for one, you may qualify for this program. Please go the Rain Barrel Grant program page for an application.
Get Your Discounted Rain Barrel Here!