COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION PORTAL
Access community governing documents and other resources for communities via this new portal, available at www.newcastlede.gov/2618/Community-Association-Portal and on both the New Castle County homepage and the Recorder of Deeds homepage.
PROPERTY TAX CREDIT
In a time of increased financial pressure on families, New Castle County provided a 5% tax credit in 2023 for all residential county property taxes, for the first time in over fifty years. This credit was reflected in the July, 2023 tax bills. View your tax bill and credit at www3.newcastlede.gov/parcel/search/.
SENIOR & OTHER TAX EXEMPTIONS
Multiple property tax exemption programs exist for seniors, disabled veterans and other disabled persons. Details on eligibility requirements and how to apply are at www.newcastlede.gov/182/Tax-Exemptions.
PREPAYMENT / SCHEDULED PROPERTY AND SEWER TAX PAYMENTS
You can conveniently pay your Sewer Tax (due in February) and Property Tax (due in September) online at https://www.newcastlede.gov/2030/Online-Tax-Sewer-and-Other-Payments.
AlertMe is a voluntary alert system to notify you when a document containing your name has been recorded or has been recently corrected through the Office of Recorder of Deeds. For more information and to sign up, visit www.newcastlede.gov/2398/AlertMe.
HANDS-ONLY CPR TRAINING
Join New Castle County Paramedics as they present this program on when to act and what to do when someone is in cardiac arrest. To register, call Lorraine Williams at 302-395-2736, email
[email protected] or visit www.newcastlede.gov/348/CPR-Information.
SENIOR ROLL CALL
Register for this telephone reassurance program, which calls seniors or home-based residents daily with a prerecorded safety message at www.newcastlede.gov/2335/Senior-Roll-Call.
VIAL OF L.I.F.E.
Complete a medical information form and place it inside the Vial of L.I.F.E. bottle for first responders to access in your refrigerator in case of emergency. To obtain a Vial of L.I.F.E., call 302-395-8184 or email [email protected].
Be prepared for any emergency by providing information first responders need to better help and communicate with you. Stay safe and informed, including receiving alerts and notifications regarding weather, traffic, and other emergencies in your area. Create your profile at www.smart911.com.
New Castle County has 251 parks, covering over 6,000 acres of parkland. For more information regarding the County parks, including locations, park rental permits and current park projects and updates, visit www.newcastlede.gov/1922/parks.
TOP 10 CODE ENFORCEMENT COMPLAINTS AND POTENTIAL REASONS TO RECEIVE A TICKET
- Overgrown grass: Grass and weeds are to be maintained at a height of 8" or less.
- All accessory structures, including sheds, and fences, must be maintained in good repair.
- Vehicles: Inoperative/junked and/or unregistered vehicles may not be stored on your property.
- Junk, debris, tree branches, tires and other items are stored on the exterior of residential properties.
- Accumulation of trash and garbage, disposal of trash and garbage, must be always stored in containers with lids.
- Oversized vehicle parking, vehicles longer than 240", higher or wider than 84", or weighing over 8,000 pounds.
- No vehicles are permitted to be parked on the lawn but must be on a hardened surface.
- Household items (stoves, refrigerators, TVs, furniture, etc.) stored outside are considered debris and prohibited.
- Swimming pools must be maintained in clean and sanitary condition and good repair. Note: All pools capable of holding more than 2' of water require a building permit and must include fencing (48" and a self-latching gate).
- Ornamental shrubs and trees shall be maintained in good order and condition.
CODE ENFORCEMENT AND COMPLAINTS
For information regarding Code Enforcement and Property Maintenance, including reporting concerns, paying fines, and rental property information, visit our website at www.newcastlede.gov/250/Code-Enforcement-Property-Maintenance.
WORK FOR NEW CASTLE COUNTY GOVERNMENT
You can obtain information (including benefits offered), review and apply online for all open County positions at www.newcastlede.gov/132/work-for-new-castle-county-government